SOME OF THE MOST IMPORTANT BOOKS ON SPIRITUAL ECOLOGY
- Anderson, E.N., 2010. The Pursuit of Ecotopia: Lessons from Indigenous and Traditional Societies for the Human Ecology of Our Modern World. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger.
- Bauman, Whitney A., Richard R. Bohannon II, and Kevin J. O`Brien, eds. 2011. Grounding Religion: A Field Guide to the Study of Religion and Ecology. New York, : Routledge.
et al., eds. 2011. Inherited Land: The Changing Grounds of Religion and Ecology. Eugene, OR: Pickwick Publications.
Bohannon, Richard, ed., 2014, Religions and Environments: A Reader in Religion, Nature and Ecology, New York, NY:
- Cain, Clifford Chalmers, ed., 2012, Many Heavens, One Earth: Readings on Religion and Environment. Lanham, MD:Lexington Books.
- Gottlieb, Roger S.
ed. 1996. This Sacred Earth: Religion, Nature, Environment. New York, NY: Routledge.
ed. 2004. This Sacred Earth: Religion, Nature, Environment. New York, NY: Routledge (Second Edition).
2006. A Greener Faith: Religious Environmentalism and our Planet’s Future. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
ed. 2006.Oxford Handbook of Religion and Ecology. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
ed. 2010. Religion and the Environment. New York, NY: Routledge, Volumes 1-4.
- Kinsley, David. 1995. Ecology and Religion: Ecological Spirituality in Cross-Cultural Perspective. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Macy, Joanna, and Chris Johnstone, 2012, Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We’re in without Going Crazy, Novato, CA: New World Library.
- Milton, Kay, 2002, Loving Nature: Towards an Ecology of Emotion. New York, NY: Routledge.
- Taylor, Bron
- Editor-in-Chief. 2005. The Encyclopedia of Religion and Ecology. New York, NY:
Thoemmes Continuum, volumes 1-2. http://www.religionandnature.com/ern/.
2010. Dark Green Religion: Nature Spirituality and the Planetary Future. Berkeley,CA:University of California Press.
- Tucker, Mary Evelyn, with Judith A. Berling. 2003. Worldly Wonder: Religions Enter Their Ecological Phase. Chicago, IL: Open Court Publishing Company.
- Vaughan-Lee, Llewellyn, 2013 (summer). Spiritual Ecology: The Cry from the Earth: A Spiritual Response to our Present Ecological Crisis. Point Reyes Station, CA: The Golden Sufi Center http://spiritualecology.org/publication/spiritual-ecology-cry-earth
Also see books listed in this website under Bibliography with about 700 books listed topically, on the Forum of Religion and Ecology (FORE) website: http://fore.research.yale.edu/
Grim, John, Russell Powell, Matthew T. Riley, Tara C. Trapani, and Mary Evelyn Tucker. Oxford Bibliography on Religion and Ecology. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2013. http://www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199830060/obo-9780199830060-0103.xml?rskey=SbI1x3&result=61&q=.